When it comes to the topic of health and fitness, your diet can be considered just as, if not more important than the actual exercise itself. Your diet and the foods you consume not only allow your body to repair and grow but also enable preparation for any further exercise in the future. Without a balanced diet, you would at very best quickly reach a plateau in your performance and at worse notice a rapid decline in your chosen ability.
Supplements are all well and good, and with the multiple companies each promoting their very own products it creates good variety for the consumer, but sometimes it’s good to just enjoy some real food. Don’t get me wrong, supplements all have their place and can serve a valuable purpose for each and every individual undertaking exercise, but the importance of real food should not be lost and forgotten amongst all these designer products. With this in mind, this article aims to identify 5 simple foods that are both cheap and easily accessible which we believe should feature in your diet:
5 Key Foods That Should Be In Your Diet
- Turkey: This food type is one of the leanness meats available and provides an invaluable source of protein. Regardless of your activity, protein is an essential food group for bodily repair and growth. This can also be found in chicken, fish, eggs and soy. Research has identified reduced body fat and enhanced moods with regular protein intake.
- Spinach: Popeye obviously knew a little more than he let on! Spinach not only contains B vitamin which can assist with weight maintenance and reduction, but it also contains many other valuable natural ingredients which have been hypothesised to reduce the possibility of cancer, Alzheimer’s and liver damage to name a few.
- Almonds: Out of all nuts, almonds are considered one to offer the most protein and calcium. Almonds also contain iron and B vitamin which are great for boosting energy levels. The iron assists the body’s ability to actively deliver oxygen to the working muscles whilst the B vitamin has been demonstrated in enhance carbohydrate metabolism.
- Yoghurt: It is important to note that this particular food type does not include your favourite Cadbury’s variety! Opt for those low in sugar, such as natural or Greek yoghurt, you can always add fruit to create your own unique flavour. Yoghurt and other similar products containing calcium have been shown to reduce your ability to absorb fat.
- Berries: These can include strawberries, blackberries and blueberries to name but a few. The berry food type has been proven to contain natural ingredients which can reduce the likelihood of numerous illnesses, including diabetes and those involving the central nervous system. You could even mix them with the above to create the ultimate dessert!
So there you have it, 5 simple food types which are not only cheap and easily accessible, but offer numerous benefits which can develop both your health and fitness. So if these products don’t already feature in your diet then why not add them to your shopping list now.